Monday, February 11, 2013

The Phillips Farm

I don't know how I've missed this website until today, but it is an absolute gold mine of first-hand Princess Anne County history. The 20 acre Phillips farm was located less than a mile-and-a-half west of Woodstock on Indian River Road, on the other side of Military Highway and Kings Creek (there is a shopping center there now). To be sure, his descriptions of farm life in the 1920's and 1930's would be shared by any of the farmers in and around Woodstock at the time.

UPDATE 11/3/2017: I am sad to report that Alison Charles Phillips died on March 26, 2015 at the age of 96.  The link that I had posted previously was no longer active: but thanks to the Internet Archive's "Wayback Machine" I was able to find an archived copy of his website, which you can read here




No comments:

Post a Comment